Genealogy

Genealogy questions? Ask a genealogist for answers ASAP

Is it possible to start a family tree from a different

Customer Question
Is it possible to...

Is it possible to start a family tree from a different generation? I would like to start with my grandparents.

Expert's Assistant: I did a little digging into my family history: we have a lot of dead eccentric Brits in our family tree. I hope you find some fascinating characters in yours. Please tell me everything you can so the Genealogist can help you best.

I will talk with my parents and get back to you, if further assistance is needed.

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Genealogy
9/7/2017
Genealogy Expert: A. Schuyler, Genealogist replied 8 months ago
A. Schuyler
A. Schuyler, Genealogist

Welcome to our site and thanks for your question. My name is ***** ***** I will do whatever I can to try to help you.

Many people start with their grandparents because today most people know the places and dates of their grandparents' birth, marriage, and death. They also know the names of all their aunts and uncles and can readily find out their birth dates and places from surviving family members.

What isn't possible is to start with a great-great-great-great grandparent whose name you think was Henry or Harry or perhaps even Harold who was born between 1675 and 1750, but you don't know where, and try to trace him to the present day.

I'd love to help you with your family whenever you're ready.

A. Schuyler
A. Schuyler
A. Schuyler, Genealogist