Genealogy

Genealogy questions? Ask a genealogist for answers ASAP

I am trying to trace ancestor David Scott, married to

Customer Question
I am trying to...

I am trying to trace ancestor David Scott, married to Elizabeth Neismith with a son Also David Scott. This son was born in 1775 in Renfrewshire Scotland. I cannot get access to any records prior to 1800. Could you please help me?

Expert's Assistant: I did a little digging into my family history: we have a lot of dead eccentric Brits in our family tree. I hope you find some fascinating characters in yours. Please tell me everything you can so the Genealogist can help you best.

I live in Tasmania. The Scott family started here with George Scott who emigated from Leith Scotland in 1828 on board the Greenock, sailing from Leith. His parents were David Scott b 1775, and Elizabeth Ness, b 1780. Apparently, David Scott's father was also David, married to Elizabeth Neismith, both obviously born in the 18th century, but I can"t access records from this period, even though I have paid Ancestry.com to be able to access records from all countries. Could you help me?

Expert's Assistant: Is there anything else the Genealogist should be aware of?

I have found records indicating that George Scott was baptised in Morley, Yorkshire in 1804 with parents David and Elizabeth Scott. Other records relate to Renfrewshire Scotland.

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Genealogy
9/6/2017
Genealogy Expert: Brendan Joseph, Consultant replied 10 months ago
Brendan Joseph
Brendan Joseph, Consultant

Hello there,

Welcome to Just Answer, my name is***** will be researching your question today.

George Scott was born 1804 In Paisley, Renfrewshire Scotland

Parents: Davis Scott and Elizabeth Ness

David Scott

David Scott

Scotland Births and Baptisms

NameDavid Scott

GenderMale

Christening Date04 Jul 1775

Christening PlaceWEST OR OLD PARISH, GREENOCK, RENFREW, SCOTLAND

Birth Date02 Jul 1775

Father's NameDavid Scott

Mother's NameElizabeth Neismith

David the Father had brothers Alexander and John

Alexander Scott

Scotland Births and Baptisms

NameAlexander Scott

GenderMale

Christening Date29 Mar 1730

Birth Date23 Mar 1730

Death Date08 Apr 1730

Father's NameJohn Scott

Mother's NameMargaret Holm

Alexander Scott married Ursula Stewart

David's parents were John Scott and Margaret Holm

Brendan