A. Schuyler
A. Schuyler, Genealogist
Experience:  Researcher and genealogist for past 30 years
3157612

I am trying to trace a family line but it dead ends at Owen

Customer Question

I am trying to trace a family line but it dead ends at Owen Connelly. He was born in 1789 and married ***** *****. I can trace him to cookstown, tyrone co, northern ireland. He had children Henry, William, and Margrit(not verified she may have not survived). Owen lived to be 108 years old. Mary's parents were ***** ***** and Anne Kelly. hope you can help!
Category: Genealogy
Expert:  A. Schuyler replied 5 months ago.

Welcome to our site and thanks for your question. My name is ***** ***** I will do whatever I can to try to help you.

I will do my best to see what I can find. You mention that Owen lived to be 108 years old. Where and when did he die?

When and where did he marry ***** *****?

When did you find him in Cookstown, Co. Tyrone?

When and where were each of the children born?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Hello!
Owen was born in cookstown, tyrone ireland and died in 1897, in Ireland not sure exactly where
He married ***** ***** in 1822 I am not sure where they were married. I was able to find a baptism record of Mary which places her in Donaghmore, Ireland Jan 25, 1796
Margrit was born in 1830- this needs verification and her name is ***** *****
William was born about 1830
Henry was born about 1834
William moved to America where he settled in Michigan, he had 10-13 children.
The spelling variation may vary from connolly to conley.

Thanks for the additional information.

I found no civil registration or church burial information for an Owen Connelly (any spelling) who died in 1897 + or minus 5 years in Co. Tyrone or elsewhere in Ireland. I didn't find a marriage record anywhere in Ireland for Owen and ***** ***** 1822 plus or minus 5 years, nor for the births of their children. It may be that the church records have never been published. Civil registration of births, marriages, and deaths began in 1837, so a death in 1897 anywhere in Ireland should be there.

I saw a lot of stuff on ancestry.com about this family, not most of it was guesses, with not one record to prove anything.