How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask A. Schuyler Your Own Question
A. Schuyler
A. Schuyler, Genealogist
Category: Genealogy
Satisfied Customers: 16284
Experience:  Researcher and genealogist for past 30 years
Type Your Genealogy Question Here...
A. Schuyler is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My grandmother was incarsirated form conducting adbotion at

Customer Question

My grandmother was incarsirated form conducting adbotion at the end of WWII. I believe she was incarsiated in 1956 and 57. But I'm not sure. Can you help me with this?
JA: The Genealogist will know what to do. Please tell me everything you can so the Genealogist can help you best.
Customer: Her name was ludwina Barbra Lidia Meisenzahl Krämer. Her birthday is ***** 1916. Heidelburg, Germany. I was told she was arrested and charged with a crime to conducting aborsations. She has past away and I have no one to help with obtaining this information. Like the name of the prison, time there, what was the charge. What happened to her there children firming the time?
JA: You just pay a $5 deposit now and the rest only when you get a reply from the Genealogist. All of this is 100% satisfaction guaranteed, so you can get a refund if you're not happy for any reason. Is there anything else the Genealogist should be aware of?
Customer: I'm not sure. Where are you located?
Submitted: 6 months ago.
Category: Genealogy
Expert:  A. Schuyler replied 6 months ago.


Welcome to our site and thanks for your question. My name is ***** ***** I will do whatever I can to try to help you.

Expert:  A. Schuyler replied 6 months ago.

I'm sorry, but prison records aren't available to genealogists. I will opt out and see if there is an attorney specializing in German law who can help you.

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I think (but not confirmed) that she was in jail in Nürnberg. Her two daughters, Adelheid Anna Krämer Born August 1940 was sent to a catholic home for unruly children in Kochel am See ( but again I have no information on this) and she was raised by a Sister Pia. Elisabeth Annelisa Born 1942 Krämer was sent to a catholic home in Tiengen. Any information of my relatives would be greatly appreciated.
Expert:  A. Schuyler replied 6 months ago.

I found one record for an Adelheid Anna Kramer Bemis born 29 August 1940 who died 16 March 2010 in Trinity, Trinity County, Texas 75862. Her social security number was issued in Florida in 1963. Here is a link to her obituary in which it says she was born in Miesenbach, Germany, the daughter of Friedrich and Lydia Kramer.

Is this the right person?

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I already had this information from here in the US. The information I was needing help with was from Germany. As you are not able to help me with this information, I would appreciate a refund of my money. Thanks
Expert:  A. Schuyler replied 6 months ago.

I wish you had told me you had the information on Heidi. It took me several hours to find it. You had requested "...Any information of my relatives would be greatly appreciated..." so I had no way of knowing you already knew this.

German law makes birth records are unavailable to the public for 110 years after the birth, so there is no record of Lydia, Heidi or Elisabeth Annalisa since all were all born after 1906. I checked all of Germany for any spelling of Meisenzahl and Krämer and found no marriage or death information for them.

Those of us who spend our time researching family information for customers have nothing to do with the financial arrangements customer makes with the company. We are not their employees. If we don't get a 3, 4, or 5 rating, we also are not paid for our time.

Here is the pertinent information from Just Answer for a refund

Refunds, Cancellations, Abuse and Special Programs. JustAnswer takes customer satisfaction seriously.

For Pay-Per-Question Customers, if you do not provide a star rating of 3, 4 or 5, and are not satisfied with your experience on JustAnswer for any reason, then as your sole remedy and within thirty (30) days of when you paid to ask your question on JustAnswer, you may request a refund by calling Customer Service (available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week) at(###) ###-#### Please check your My Questions page before requesting a refund to make sure you have viewed the most up-to-date responses to your question. If you have provided a star rating of 3, 4 or 5 or more than thirty (30) days have elapsed since your payment, you will not be entitled to a refund.