Genealogy

Genealogy Questions? Ask a Genealogist for Answers ASAP

Genealogy

Brenden, I am currently in Stuggart on my way to Goppingan

Customer Question
Hello Brenden, I am currently in...
Hello Brenden,
I am currently in Stuggart on my way to Goppingan to try an be find out about mr grandfathers family.
This is the information I currently have for my grand father:
John Jacob William Haberle
Born: 1862/3
Arrived in Tasmania in 1885?
Moved to Victoria and married Mary Jane Abbott if Bung Bong, Victoria, Australia on 8th March, 1886.
Number of children:
***** ***** born 1886
Charles Robert born 1888
Christopher deceased
Agnes Mary deceased
Eleanor Mary born 1894
Mary Magdalena born 1901
George William born 1904 - this is my father
I also know that my grandfather was a butcher and passed away in Heidelberg, Victoria on December 6th, 1929.
I have the following information on his parents: father George Haberle, profession butcher and his mother was Mary Haberle nee Rube.
Not sure if you can shine any more light on my family but if you can that would be great.
Annie Barwise nee Haberle
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Genealogy
9/25/2016
Genealogy Expert: A. Schuyler, Genealogist replied 1 year ago
A. Schuyler
A. Schuyler, Genealogist

Welcome to our site and thanks for your question. My name is ***** ***** I will do whatever I can to try to help you.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Thank you for your response and I look forward to any help.

Please give me a little while to check the records and see what I can find.

Johann Jacob Wilhelm Haberle was born 20 Mar 1863 in Groppingen, Danaukreis, Wuerttemberg to George Michael Haberle and Maria Magdalena Rube who were married 20 Oct 1859 in the Evangelical Lutheran Church in Oberurbach, Danaukreis. I've attached a copy of his baptism record below.

George Michael was born 17 Feb 1830 in Goppingen to George Bartholomaus Haberle (1790-1864) and Ursula Lauth (1789-1869) of Goppingen. Mary Magdalena was born 24 Feb 1840 to Joh***** ***** Rube and amria Magdalena Oesterle. There is a copy of the marriage record below.

I hope this will help fill in some of the gaps.

Best regards,

Schuyler

~

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Thank you for this information and it certainly does fill in some gaps. Do you happen to gave any way of finding out where my great grand father would have had his butcher shop. Also how many children did George Michael and Maria Magdalena have?Thank you,Annie
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Do you happen to be able to access the burial places of my great grand parents? I am assuming they were buried in a cemetery in Goppingen!Thank you,Annie

Hi Annie,

I don't have any way of determining where they lived or had their butcher shop back then.

Other children were:

Wilhelm Haberle b 09 Sep 1861 and baptised 15 Dep 1861; Maria Katharina b 05 Jun 1866 and baptised 10 Jun 1866; and Wilhelm Karl (Charles) Haberle was born 08 Oct 1870 and baptised 03 Nov 1870 in the same church as his brother. He emigrated to the United States and married Mary Marth 21 March 1891 in Manhattan, New York, USA.

Burial records in Germany are difficult. It's a small country and often burials were made one on top of the other. I did not find any death or burial records for any of them.

Best regards,

Schuyler

~

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Again, thank you for this information. At times when I have been trying to track down my grand and great grand parents, I get referred to the USA . Maybe there is a reason for this.Again, thank you,Annie

You're so very welcome. I'm always happy to help. If you found the information helpful, I would appreciate a positive rating (hopefully a "5") since that's the only way I am credited (or compensated for) my research.

Best regards,

Schuyler

~

Hi, Annie,

I have noticed that you have not given me a rating for this yet. That means I haven't received credit for my research, and I haven't been paid for it. It doesn't cost you anything more to give me a rating and I would really appreciate a "5." If I am not paid, there is no way I can continue helping people find information about their ancestors.

Thanks!

Schuyler

~

A. Schuyler
A. Schuyler
A. Schuyler, Genealogist