How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask A. Schuyler Your Own Question
A. Schuyler
A. Schuyler, Genealogist
Category: Genealogy
Satisfied Customers: 16292
Experience:  Researcher and genealogist for past 30 years
Type Your Genealogy Question Here...
A. Schuyler is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

We need information given to SS on who died Apr 1972 and was

Customer Question

We need information given to SS on ***** ***** who died Apr 1972 and was born 5 May 1914. #*********** This is for genealogy. How do we go about this?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Genealogy
Expert:  A. Schuyler replied 1 year ago.


Since it is for his son, the son can go to any Social Security Office and request the the information. Other than the very basics (name, date of birth and death, and number) there is little else available to the general public. However, as his son, he will be able to get the information Harold supplied when he applied for his Social Security card right through his earnings history.

Here is the application he will need to use:

Please let me know if you need more information about this.

Best regards,