A. Schuyler
A. Schuyler, Genealogist
Experience:  Researcher and genealogist for past 30 years
3157612

I am trying to prove the relationship of Dexter (1794) to s

Customer Question

I am trying to prove the relationship of Dexter Parker (1794) to his father Caleb Parker (1760) for DAR. I have a book, "A Genealogical History of the Parker Family" - written in 1996, Library of Congress Catalogue Card No. 96-77736. I am told by my DAR that this is not sufficient evidence since it was written by a family member. Say it isn't so.
Category: Genealogy
Expert:  A. Schuyler replied 1 year ago.

You wrote: "... I am told by my DAR that this is not sufficient evidence since it was written by a family member. Say it isn't so...."

Sorry, but that is true. The DAR reserve the right to accept or deny county histories and other books on a case by case basis.

Kind regards,

Schuyler

~

Actually had the book been written in 1896 rather than 1996 and included sources for the information, the DAR may have accepted it. However, the fact that it was written by a relative recently and without a source for proof of the relationship between Caleb and Dexter, they won't accept it.

Kind regards,

Schuyler

~