A. Schuyler
A. Schuyler, Genealogist
Experience:  Researcher and genealogist for past 30 years
3157612

I was adopted when i was 9 year old(now 42). i was looking

Customer Question

I was adopted when i was 9 year old(now 42). i was looking on line for my biological parents through ancestry.com. i found a record that sociall security benefit had been distributed. by my biological mother who died in 2008. do you think they related or do you think it stems from the time of my adoption.
Category: Genealogy
Expert:  A. Schuyler replied 1 year ago.
Hi, Solomon, My name's Schuyler and I will try to help you with this. However, I'm confused about "do you think they related or do you think it stems from the time of my adoption." I don't know what that means. If you have the Social Security number of your biological mother, you can request her file from Social Security. If you know the names of your biological parents you can request their marriage records and birth records from the state where they were born. Please let me know what I can do to help you.
Hello again, Solomon, I was just checking to see if this answered your question. If not, please let me know what I can do to help. Thanks, Schuyler~