Genealogy

Genealogy questions? Ask a genealogist for answers ASAP

I am trying to trace my husband's great

Customer Question
grandmother's family. Her name was...
I am trying to trace my husband's great grandmother's family. Her name was Margaret Bresher, she may have been Canadian and she married John Strange in Limerick, Ireland
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Genealogy
2/29/2016
Genealogy Expert: A. Schuyler, Genealogist replied 2 years ago
A. Schuyler
A. Schuyler, Genealogist

Do you know anything about Margaret Bresher except that she "may" have been Canadian and her hudband's name?

For instance, when was she born? When did she marry? Who was John Strange? Did they have children (when, where)?

Any additional information you can provide would help.

Thanks.

Schuyler

~

Hi, you asked me for further info re my husband's great grandmother, Margaret Bresher. As far as I know she was born in 1852 in Quebec, Canada, married John Strange in Limerick, Ireland, her first child, my husband's grandfather was born in 1871 in Gibraltar his name was John Robert Strange, she went onto have two other children in Gibraltar, then one in Belfast and a further two in Colchester, Essex. Margaret or Margeurite died in Edmonton,Middlesex in 1924. Is that sufficient if you need any further info please let me know. Kind Regards, Lyn

Hi, Lyn,

Thanks so much for all that information. I had to ask since there have been English-sounding names in Canada since the 1600s, and I just needed a frame of reference.

I'll check the records I have and get back to you.

Best regards,

Schuyler

~