Genealogy

Genealogy questions? Ask a genealogist for answers ASAP

My name is ***** ***** Bayne and I asked some questions to…

Customer Question
Hi My name is...

Hi My name is ***** ***** Bayne and I asked some questions to you a few years ago. We have used what you found to help us but have now come to a crossroads and hope that you can help. When my husband and I were in Scotland last year we went to archives in Edinburgh and mentioned the Kirk records as a source as to who is Peter Bayne's parents or circumstances to his birth. To recap he was born 1823/24 and on his death certificate it states that his parents are James and Dinah Murray/Christie. Dinah was married to Andrew Christie and had 2 sons to him. She had Janet 1818, Jean 1822 and John 1829 to James Bayne but Peter's birth was not registered. I have since stumbled on a 1841 census which has peter 1823 with James as father 50 and no mother but with siblings. Are you 1. able to search Kirk records and 2. find a path through James to Alexander and Mary Whyte who married 1765. Very confused yet excited hopefully you can make head or tails of this.

Expert's Assistant: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?

Cheers ***** ***** having trouble finding Peter Bayne who came to NZ in 1856. He was meant to be born in 1823 to James and Dinah Murray/Christie. We were told the Kirk Records may have a clue as we have come to a conclusion that Peter may have different parents. But also is he the Peter in the 1841 census I found with James 50 no mother and a sister called Ann. Thanks ***** *****

Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Genealogy
2/13/2016
Genealogy Expert: A. Schuyler, Genealogist replied 2 years ago
A. Schuyler
A. Schuyler, Genealogist

Hello again,

Thanks for requesting me. I have access to whatever church records have been transcribed. I will check and see what I can find for you, but it will probably be tomorrow night before I'm finished. It's very cold here and snowing and the electric power (and thus the internet connection) has been very dicey all evening :-)

You'll get an email tomorrow when I have something to report.

Best regards,

Schuyler

~

A. Schuyler
A. Schuyler
A. Schuyler, Genealogist