How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask A. Schuyler Your Own Question
A. Schuyler
A. Schuyler, Genealogist
Category: Genealogy
Satisfied Customers: 2560
Experience:  Researcher and genealogist for past 30 years
Type Your Genealogy Question Here...
A. Schuyler is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have a stone plaque on my wall that reads R.H 1816 and I

Customer Question

I have a stone plaque on my wall that reads R.H 1816 and I would dearly love to know who RH was. Our address is Hardwicke Green,Hardwicke,Hay-on-Wye,Hereford HR3 5HA in the UK
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Genealogy
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
There is another plaque on another building at this address which says RH 1836 so I figure that he must have been the owner at this time in history
Expert:  Brendan Joseph replied 2 years ago.
Hello there, HRH is either her Royal Highness or his Royal Highness, I wonder does RH mean Royal Highness. It was not uncommon if a Royal visited a building to put up a plaque. Is the plaque on an outside wall, the front of the building? Brendan
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Its on the front of the building but I doubt very much whether royalty would have visited this small farm . I'm thinking more of the owner of the place back then . Do you have access to deeds or census records for these dates ?