How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask A. Schuyler Your Own Question
A. Schuyler
A. Schuyler, Genealogist
Category: Genealogy
Satisfied Customers: 16329
Experience:  Researcher and genealogist for past 30 years
Type Your Genealogy Question Here...
A. Schuyler is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Did my husband father any children in the Maritimes about

Customer Question

did my husband father any children in the Maritimes about 1950
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Genealogy
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
my husbands name was Samuel Roy Carrie
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
maybe earlier 1949 to 1951
Expert:  A. Schuyler replied 2 years ago.
Welcome to our site and thanks for your question. My name is ***** ***** I will do whatever I can to try to help you.
Birth records aren't online from any of the Maritime provinces after about 1895-1913 (depending on the province). For records after that, they are generally restricted to one of the parents or the child named on the birth record. You can request information from each province individually.
Nova Scotia:
Mailing Address:
Service Nova Scotia
Vital Statistics
P.O. Box 157
Halifax, NS
B3J 2M9
Email: ***@******.***
New Brunswick:
See this link:
Prince Edward Island:
See this link:
I'm sorry there are no records available online to tell if your husband is named on a birth record in the Maritimes.
If there is someone claiming to be a child of your husband's, that person would need to apply for the birth record as proof. DNA testing is also a possibility.
Please let me know if you have questions or concerns.
All the best,