A. Schuyler
A. Schuyler, Genealogist
Experience:  Researcher and genealogist for past 30 years
3157612

I have asked your organization before and found the

Customer Question

I have asked your organization for help before and found the information you advice me to do ended in a dead end with no results do you have any information about Simon France Gabriel born 1854 port Louise Mauritius kind regards Sonia
Category: Genealogy
Expert:  A. Schuyler replied 2 years ago.
Hello, Sonia,
Welcome to our site and thanks for requesting me. I'm sorry you found the questions you asked before ended up at a dead end.
I'm afraid this one does as well. There are few birth records for Mauritius online, and those that are would be on Family Search. In fact the only records online are census records from other places that happen to list the birthplace as Mauritius.
One contributor to ancestry.com has his father listed as Frank Andon Gabriel and his mother as Mary Francis. It also gives Simon's name as Simon Frank Gabriel. That is also the name given on his marriage certificate 16 Feb 1892 to Matilda Menzel in Victoria. His first wife Alice Sparrow by whom he had 3 children had died 13 May 1890. Other records have him listed as Simon Andon Francis Gabriel.
I'm sorry there is nothing more available online about his birth. His story is intriguing.
Please let me know if you have questions or concerns.
All the best,
Schuyler
~