Genealogy

Genealogy Questions? Ask a Genealogist for Answers ASAP

Genealogy

trying to find Henry XXXXX XXXXX, born either 1850,1851,1852

born in Ireland, died in...
trying to find Henry XXXXX XXXXX, born either 1850,1851,1852 born in Ireland, died in Hobart on 16th January 1918 66 years old, married eliza Dickenson on 17th sept 1873 in Longford, reg no 488. Have noticed that on one form it was henry George and on the other it was George henry. could be known as either I presume. there is a ship arriving in nsw n the 18/12/1865 which lists XXXXX XXXXX, 35, George 15, frances 18, Thomas 8 and james 5 on the star of Brunswick. not sure if this is him. But on his marriage certificate it has been signed by james which I presume is his brother. Please help if can Thanks Gail de Vries
10/15/2013
Angela--Mod

Hello, I'm a moderator for this topic. I've been working hard to find a professional to assist you right away, but sometimes finding the right professional can take a little longer than expected.

I wonder whether you're ok with continuing to wait for an answer. Please let me know and I will assist further. Thank you!

Best,

Angela

hi, I had also found out that eliza was born Louisa have the paperwork, have checked ancestry.com , irish rootes, looks like a lot of the paperwork has been destroyed, have also checked what others have input and it looks like we all hit a dead end when trying to go back further than henry XXXXX XXXXX. The only thing I have noticed that on one marriage certificate it says henry XXXXX XXXXX, and on the other one it says George XXXXX XXXXX reg no 488. so I have checked both names. don't know where to go from here

yes

Thank you for your patience while we search for a professional to assist you.
Shirley
Shirley, Genealogy Consultant
Hello and welcome. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will be doing the research on your question. If I need more information I will contact you.

thank you

I believe the problem is that everyone is assuming that the birth place on XXXXX XXXXX's death certificate is correct. How many of the people, that provided information about George's birth for his death certificate, were actually there when he was born? The death certificate is a great source for his death information but not so great for his birth information.

Australia Birth Index, 1788-1922

Name: XXXXX XXXXX

Birth Date: 10 Apr 1851

Father's Name: U Thompson

Mother's Name: XXXXX XXXXX

Birth Place: Tasmania

Registration Year: 1851

Registration Place: Hobart, Tasmania

Registration number: 315

Thank you,

Shirley

thanks for that, but how does this one tie into henry XXXXX XXXXX. also henry has brother called james who signed on the marriage certificate. does he also have the same mother? I know that one marriage certificate had George XXXXX XXXXX and the other one had henry George thomspon with the same reg no of 488.

Hello Gail,

XXXXX XXXXX, XXXXX XXXXX XXXXX, and George XXXXX XXXXX appear to be the same person. As for James, he is probably a brother but you did not request research into George's siblings. I do not believe your George is the George that arrived on a ship on 18 Dec 1865.

Following is a list of the records I have located;

Australia Birth Index, 1788-1922 - for XXXXX XXXXX

Australia Death Index. 1781-1985 - for U. Thompson

Australia, Electoral Rolls, 1903-1980 - for Henry XXXXX XXXXX

Tasmania, Australia, Index to Death Notices in The Mercury, 1854-1930 - for Thompson

Australia Death Index, 1787-1985 - for Henry XXXXX XXXXX

Australia Marriage Index, 1788-1950 - for Henry XXXXX XXXXX

Record of Death - for Eliza Thompson

Henry XXXXX XXXXX, son of U. and XXXXX XXXXX, was born in Hobart, Tasmania on 10 Apr 1851. On 17 Sep 1873 George married Eliza Dickinson in Longford, Tasmania. On 16 Jan 1918 Henry XXXXX XXXXX died in Richmond, Tasmania.

can we prove that james is related to the above parties and then we know we are on the right track. thank you for what you have done so far, I have tried to find james but no luck as yet

Hello Gail,

I have already completed, at least, three hours of research locating the information I have already given to you. At this point, even if you give me a good rating, and I do get paid, you are getting a real bargain and I have given away a great deal of my time.

I have answered your original question and even though I have not been paid yet, I did a search for XXXXX XXXXX. I located a few born in Tasmania with a mother named Elizabeth but that is not enough to prove he is the brother of Henry George.

I wish you luck with your search,

Shirley

Shirley
Shirley, Genealogy Consultant

thank you very much Shirley. I am not doing this for me but for my 84 year old father, who has got most of the info you have given me. but not for his great grandfather. If we could prove that james and George and or henry are bothers that would confrm what we are trying to prove. I have given him the current info and he is not sure that it is right as we couldn't prove that they are brothers. could you please help many thanks gail

Hello Gail,

I apologize for being so harsh. I chose this profession because I love the research, but I too get a little exasperated sometimes.

Although the website will probably close this question and our communication along with it, I will continue the search. I will have to request a moderator open communication so I can post an answer to you. If you have not heard from me by Wednesday it will mean that I was unable to open communication. You will then have to open a new question (you can make it for a small amount) and request me when you do.

I say Wednesday because I am going to start with George's children and work back from there. I hope this is satisfactory.

Thank you,

Shirley

that's great thank you Shirley, and ask them tp leave the communication open please.a by the way we have all the info on George henry children,, who married eliza Dickenson, but not his brothers or sisters

Shirley
Shirley
Shirley, Genealogy Consultant