Genealogy

Genealogy Questions? Ask a Genealogist for Answers ASAP

Genealogy

I know sometimes spelling gets changed over time for names.

I have always spelled Kloppenburg...
I know sometimes spelling gets changed over time for names. I have always spelled Kloppenburg this way, noticed in the finding it is spelled BORG. If you look for a birth certificate for FRANZ KARL ARTHUR KLOPPENBURG, would that have his mothers Christian name and maybe maiden names on it.

Thanks for checking this for me
XXXXX XXXXX
8/19/2013
Brendan Joseph
Brendan Joseph, Consultant
Hi Pat,

I will have a look for you, also siblings to Bernard.

Most of the time we are looking at transcribed records

Brendan
Hi Pat,

German online baptism records only go up to 1898, he married Annie Hodgen and died in BC 1978, he was born 28th January 1908.

According to his passenger record 1926 his father was living in Oldenburg, there is a genealogy website for Oldenburg which includes the email addresses of Kloppenburg's who are still living there.

Canadian Passenger Lists, 1865-1935 about Arthur Kloppenburg
Name:
Arthur Kloppenburg
Gender:
Male
Age:
18
Estimated Birth Year:
abt 1908
Birth Country:
Germany
Date of Arrival:
2 Aug 1926
Vessel:
Seydlitz
Search Ship Database:
View the 'Seydlitz' in the 'Passenger Ships and Images' database
Port of Arrival:
Halifax, Nova Scotia
Port of Departure:
Bremen, Germany
Roll:
T-14806

The alternative is to apply for Franz Karl Arthur's birth certificate, if you contact the website they will tell you how to apply

http://www.auswanderer-oldenburg.de/search.php?mylastname=KLOPPENBURG&lnqualify=equals&mybool=AND

Brendan
Brendan Joseph
Brendan Joseph, Consultant

The information you gave me was to do with my father Arthur. Annie Hodgen was my mother. Didn't know the time of his arrival in Canada. Had the name of the ship. My main question was any information that could be found on my grandmother. Her maiden name etc. That is my dads mother. If you can find out anything would be appreciated. Anything to do with the Kloppenburg family of Cloppenburg Germany

XXXXX XXXXX

Hi Pat,

Info on Annie Hodgen:

Annie Hodgen
Birth 23 Dec 1907 in Hindley Lancshire England
Death 16 Mar 1984 in Victoria British Columbia Canada

1911 England Census about Annie Hodgen
Name: Annie Hodgen
Age in 1911: 3
Estimated Birth Year: abt 1908
Relation to Head: Daughter
Gender: Female
Birth Place: Hindley, Lancashire, England
Civil Parish: Hindley
County/Island: Lancashire
Country: England
Street Address:XXXXXHindley
Registration District: Wigan
Registration District Number: 458
Sub-registration District: Hindley
ED, institution, or vessel: 21
Piece: 23036
Household Members:
Name Age
John Hodgen 30
Lucy Hodgen 35
Annie Hodgen 3

Brendan
Brendan Joseph
Brendan Joseph, Consultant
Hi Patricia,

Thank you very much for your kind rating, if you need further research please mark the question "For Brendan"

Brendan
Brendan Joseph
Brendan Joseph
Brendan Joseph, Consultant