Genealogy

Genealogy Questions? Ask a Genealogist for Answers ASAP

Genealogy

I am still trying to find Robert Carson, born in Dublin [?]

in 1840 +/-. Father is...
I am still trying to find Robert Carson, born in Dublin [?] in 1840 +/-. Father is William Robert Carson.
8/11/2013
Shirley
Shirley, Genealogy Consultant

genealogyhelper :

Hello, My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will be researching your question. Do you know if Robert had any siblings? What was his mother's name? Do you know when or where his parents married? Any additional information that will help me to identify your family is very helpful. Also, you will receive messages, that are sent automatically, telling you to rate your answer, before I have even answered your question. Please do not submit a rating until I have answered your question. Thank you, Shirley

Customer:

I do not know if Robert had any siblings. He emmiggrated to Canada in 1864 +/-.

Customer:

I do not know his mother's name. He died in Ft William, Ontario in Canada, 117 June 1912. Married to Dianna Nicholas.

Customer:

The info is not a lot, and the rest is just family myths; ie he is related to XXXXX [Edward Henry].

Customer:

Robert Carson's Middle name, from a new source, could be Charles.

Hello Albert,

Robert Carson was born in Ireland about 1838 and married Diana Nichols before 1872.

They had 11 children;

Robert William born 1872

Samuel born 1875

Ida Albertha born 1878

James born 1879

Frederick born 1882

Robert born 1884

Jessie May born 1886

George born 1888

Arthur born 1889

Charles born 1891

Evelyn born 1895

Robert Carson died on 17 June 1912, at the age of 74, in Thunder Bay, Canada.

Thank you,

Shirley

The info of marriage to Diana and children is Canadian records which I know. I am interested in tracing the Irish heritage, i.e. Robert's father/mother, where in Ireland he was born, siblings, other family members, etc.

Hello Albert,

I apologize as I misunderstood your request.

However, a second search produced only a couple of records that could belong to your Robert.

Ireland, Landed Estate Court Files, 1850-1885

Name: Robert Carson

Event Type: Probate

Event Date: 1855

Event Place: Galway, Ireland

Document Number: 051

Volume Number: 033

Volume Date Range: Jan-Feb 1855

County: Galway

Alternate Event Pace: Fough West

Ireland, Prison Registers, 1790-1924

Name: Robt Carson

Role of Individual: Victim

Event Type: Prison

Event Date: 1852

Event Place: Galway, Galway, Ireland

Prison: Galway

Offense: Tearing & Scattering The Leaves Of A Certain Book Called The New Testament In The Streets Of Outerard On Oath

Item Number: 3

Book Number: 1/21/4

County: Galway

GS Film number:(NNN) NNN-NNNN/p>

Digital Folder Number:NNN-NN-NNNN/p>

Image Number: 00775

The only other Robert Carson I have located has the middle name of Haldane.

I have access to all available records online, which is where all of our research is done. Many Irish records have been destroyed and what is left is not entirely online. In fact most of the records used in Irish research are not vital records or church records, and these records are not "popular" enough to be placed online as the return on the investment is minute.

I wish you good luck with your search.

Thank you,

Shirley

Shirley
Shirley, Genealogy Consultant

Thx, you had as much luck as I did trying to locate Irish ancestors of Robert as I did.

AL.

Shirley
Shirley
Shirley, Genealogy Consultant