Brendan Joseph
Brendan Joseph, Consultant
Experience:  Brendan has worked as an expert for Ancestry.com specialising in Irish / British/ Canadian / Australia/ American research.
70223666

I came from England to Australia 1950, with the family when

I came from England to Australia 1950, with the family when I was nearly seven, I was never told about what ever happened to my father in the ww2, he was in the RAF, and maybe a POW of JAP, do you help with type of Genealogy . Thanks Jean
Hello Jean,

There is an answer to your question, it will answer all your questions, as you are his daughter you will receive the full file, I believe you have his regimental number, that makes things a lot easier.

You apply for His RAF record here:

http://www.veterans-uk.info/service_records/service_records.html

The record costs £30 and takes about 4 weeks.

The record will list eveything about your father, birth date, marriage, children, medical, where he served, medals and pension record.

Brendan
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Hi Brenden,

I have his, what is on the form, called his official number, but its not matching up with, any thing that I try on the internet. and it dosn,t tell much, of his where about,, he went to Berlin, because of photo, but its all abbreviated, I will try what you gave me and see what happens, thank you. I have been at this for years now, and running out options, thank you Jean

Hi Jean,

If you have his birth date, they will find the correct record, the last record i bought had 36 pages.

The record will give dates and places of all postings.

Brendan
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Hi Brendan,

I wish I had your confidence, I just tried, but confused, which one on the list, internet Thanks Jean

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Yes I have his birth date, will you do this for me, get for me what you got from them, Regards Jean

Hi Jean,

Only a close relative can apply for the full file.

https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/142473/request_for_service_details_nok_application_part1_v5_1_.pdf

Brendan

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Hello, its me aqain I have already got what you are talking about, I think but it was only 2 pages, please could you give me an address or e-mail address, of what your talking about, other wise I havn,t found out anythink more, about my father, thank you Jean,

Hi Jean,

Link here

https://www.gov.uk/requests-for-personal-data-and-service-records

Brendan