Genealogy

Genealogy Questions? Ask a Genealogist for Answers ASAP

Genealogy

I am trying to find more details for an ancestor of mine called

Mary (Annie) Ann Hutchinson b. abt...
I am trying to find more details for an ancestor of mine called Mary (Annie) Ann Hutchinson
b. abt 1845

d. 2 July 1874 , aged 28 .
Durban, Natal South Africa.

She married William Penrose Easterbrook in Durban on 9.10.1864.

Jennifer van Rooyen [email protected]
5/6/2013
A. Schuyler
A. Schuyler, Genealogist

Hello, Jennifer,,

Thanks for using Just Answer. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will do whatever I can to try to help you.

Where was Mary (Annie) Ann Hutchinson born about 1845?

Looking forward to hearing from you,

Schuyler

I think it was in Durban, South Africa but it could have been in the UK. I will attach an excel document which I have compiled but don't know if I have the correct Mary Ann Hutchinson. (sorry can't seem to attach it so will just post it below) Hope this helps. Jenni

HUTCHINSON LINE
H6a
n. Mary (Annie) Ann Hutchinson
b. abt 1845
abt 1847:
d. 2 July 1874 , aged 28 .
FROM: Puerperal fever or childbed fever; it is a bacterial infection contracted by women during childbirth or miscarriage. It can develop into puerperal sepsis, which is a serious form of septicaemia. If untreated, it is often fatal.
m. 9.10.1864
Durban, Natal, South Africa
St Pauls Church, Durban
n.William Penrose Easterbrook
b. 1834
Plymouth, England
Immigrated: 1858
Ship: The Lady of the Lake barque of 329 tons. She sailed from London on 2 February 1860 and arrived in Port Natal on 22 April 1860
Lived:XXXXX Durban
d.23 December 1900(age: 78)
78 Lancers Road, Durban, Natal, South Africa
m.
n.Jane Wilkinson
b.1823
d.25 December 1888(Age: 64)
25 Lancers Rd, Berea, Durban, Natal, South Africa
from Carsinoma Maurua
H8a
n.Dickson(Dixon) Hutchinson ?????
Joiner/Cabinet Maker
n.Mary Ann Todd
b. abt 1861
d. 18 December 1889 (28 years)
Berea, Durban, Natal, South Africa
Pulmonary Phihisis: TB
n.Dixon Hutchinson
Joiner/Cabinet Maker
b. 16 Jul 1795
Robinson Lane-Nc And Saint Georges-Nc,Bishopwearmouth, St Michael, Sunderland, Durham, UK
christened on 16 Jul 1795
http://search.ancestry.com.au/cgi-bin/sse.dll?indiv=1&am p;db=uki1841&rank=1&new=1&MSAV=1&msT=1&gss=angs-d&gsfn=dixon+&gsfn_x=NN_NIC&gsln=hutchinson&gsln_x=NN&msbdy=1795&msbpn__ftp=durham&cpxt=1&catBucket=rstp&uidh=2nq&cp=4&pcat=35&fh=0&h=4102654&recoff=6+7
d. between 1881 and 1891
m. 12.3.1815
St Peters, Monkwearmouth, Sunderland, Durham, UK
H9a
John Hutchinson
b: 6 Apr 1765
Robinson Lane-Nc And Saint Georges-Nc, Sunderland, Durham, UK
m:
Mary Dixon
b: 02 Jan 1788
ROBINSON LANE-​NC AND SAINT GEORGES-​NC,​SUNDERLAND,​DURHAM,​ENGLAND
d:
H10a
Thomas Hutchinson
b:
d.
m:25 Jun 1764
in Bishopwearmouth, Sunderland, Durham, UK
n. Sarah Fruick
b:
d:

Hi again,

I'm afraid you've lost me with that posting.

Are you saying that Dickson (Dixon) Hutchinson b 1795 married Mary Ann Todd in 1815 when she wasn't born until 1861? It really doesn't matter, because their daughter Mary Ann Hutchinson (b 1829) married XXXXX XXXXX and never left England. Mary Ann Todd was born in 1797.

Dixon Hutchinson and Mary Ann Todd did have a son John Fenwick Hutchinson (1822-1900) who married Jane Dorothy Wilkinson in 1844 in Sunderland. Their daughter Mary Ann was born in 1845. Here is the information you would need to order the birth record from the British GRO at http://www.gro.gov.uk/gro/content/

Name: HUTCHINSON, Mary Ann

Registration district: Sunderland

County: Durham

Year of registration: 1845

Quarter of registration: Oct-Nov-Dec

Mother's maiden name: Not available before 1911 Q3

Volume no: 24

Page no: 311

The family emigrated to Durban, SA in 1860. He was a joiner like his father and pursued that occupation in South Aftica.

There are no South African birth records online. South Africa makes very little available to anyone. Have you obtained their marriage license from the court house in Durban? Sometimes they will list the names of the parents' of bride and bridegroom.

Best regards,

Schuyler

A. Schuyler
A. Schuyler, Genealogist
A. Schuyler
A. Schuyler
A. Schuyler, Genealogist