Genealogy

Genealogy Questions? Ask a Genealogist for Answers ASAP

Genealogy

O'Malley (O'Malia) was born about 1788 and Married Sweeney

Customer Question
John O'Malley (O'Malia) was born...

John O'Malley (O'Malia) was born about 1788 and Married Elizabeth Sweeney (Westport, Co. Mayo). They had a boy John (Sept 3, 1821) and a daughter Julia (Jan, 1831). Some time between April 1930 and the summer/fall of 1831 he was killed by English soldiers for being out (oral history: went out on the door step to smoke his pipe) after curfew. Elizabeth Sweeney packed up the children and came to Quebec City, Quebec, Canada and arrived in 1831. I cannot find any information relating to them on the web. Any help would be appreciated. Frank

PS: I have ALL the information I need since 1831...It's the Irish information I need...where they lived, came from, their parents name, etc...

Submitted: 4 years ago.Category: Genealogy
2/26/2013
Genealogy Expert: Josie-Mod, Moderator replied 4 years ago
Josie-Mod
Josie-Mod, Moderator
Hi, I'm a Moderator for this topic. I've been working hard to find a Professional to assist you right away, but sometimes finding the right Professional can take a little longer than expected.

I wonder whether you're ok with continuing to wait for an answer. If you are, please let me know and I will continue my search. If not, feel free to let me know and I will cancel this question for you. Thank you!

Hi Josie-Mod,

Hard to tell, It all depends what I'll get for my $38 and how long it will take. I am ready to wait a week for and answer but not much more than that. If the answer is that you will need more money, please cancell now. If you feel there is a good chance of success, okay. But if you feel my only hope is to go to Ireland, cancell now and I will leake positive feedback for honesty.

PS: the original text should have read "Between 1830" not "1930"

Thank you for your continued patience. While we do have Genealogy Professionals in Ireland that may be able to assist, we can not predict or guarantee response time, just because the volume of questions, number of Professionals online, complexity of questions, and other factors vary. We will continue the search for a Professional for you.
Genealogy Expert: Shirley, Genealogy Consultant replied 4 years ago
Shirley
Shirley, Genealogy Consultant

I will research this question for you.

As I understand it, you are looking for information prior to 1831?

Do you know the parents' names of John and/or Elizabeth or possibly the names of any siblings?

If I need further information, I will be in contact.

Thank you,

Shirley

Unfortunately, I have no other information. All I can tell you is that not too long after they arrived in Quebec City, Quebec, Canada in 1831 the widow (Mrs. John O'Malley) Elizabeth Sweeney went into the Dry Goods business (importing and Exporting) and later on her son John and later still her Grandson Michael continued on. In her obituary in the Quebec Mercury Newspaper it list her as being a native of Westport Co. Mayo, Ireland. The Oral history is that someone in the family owned a ship and that they were lost at sea. Elizabeth Sweeney was born in 1791 give or take 6 months.

Hi, I’m a Moderator for this topic. It seems the Professional has left this conversation. This happens occasionally, and it's usually because the Professional thinks that someone else might be a better match for your question. I've been working hard to find a new Professional to assist you right away, but sometimes finding the right Professional can take a little longer than expected.

I wonder whether you're OK with continuing to wait for an answer. If you are, please let me know and I will continue my search. If not, feel free to let me know and I will cancel this question for you. Thank you!

Like I posted earlier, I have given you a week. Good luck, I would certainly like my question answered, but I will understand if it doesn't work out. If you find someone before the week runs out, I'll look at extending my delay, at that time.

Thanks

Frank

Thank you for your continued patience. We will continue the search for a Professional for you.
Thank you for your patience, your business is very important to us, we are waiting on the Professional with the right expertise to come online. Feel free to let us know if you would like us to continue searching for a Professional or if you would like us to close your question. Thank you for your understanding!

Hi Josi-Mod,

I got a "We give up" email from Just Answer. As agreed, I have given your organization until Monday, March the 4th 2013 at 4:15 pm to come up with an answer. If you have not provided the service I asked for by then, I will expect a full refund and NOT a credit for other questions. I'm a little dissapointed that I had to hear from you that your expert "dumped" me and not a word from her or at least an explanation. I will not be giving you negative feedback because of that, I am only mentioning it for your information.

Frank

A. Schuyler
A. Schuyler
A. Schuyler, Genealogist