Game Systems

Video Game Console Repair Questions? Ask a Technician ASAP

I recently bought a new power adapter cord and new cable…

I recently bought a...

I recently bought a new power adapter cord and new cable cords for my wii, and it still will not connect/show up on my tv.

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your Wii? What have you tried so far?

I just recently bought the parts, but my wii has been disconnected for a while. I wasn't sure if it was my tv's fuctions or the wii itself. It's an older model.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Game Expert to know before I connect you?

My tv is an an hd tv that has hdmi hookup but my wii has worked on it before, but now is suddenly not working

Customer reply replied 28 days ago
I've tried connecting my wii to the other tv in the apartment, and it wouldn't connect to it either. I am using the rca cables and connecting them to my tv's av functions and have my tv on the correct functions but it just says no connection on my tv
3/28/2018
Pete, Engineer

I am Pete, and I'll be happy to assist with your question today.

Customer reply replied 28 days ago
Do you have any other suggestions or ideas I may not have thought of?

Are the Wii lights lit to indicate that it is powered on?

Have you tried going through the different input sources on the TV to check if it shows up?

Have you tested the Wii on a different TV?

Customer reply replied 28 days ago
As I've already mentioned, I have tried it on another tv. I have already tried multiple functions on the tv. The lights are on.

Can you hear any audio from the Wii when you have the correct input source selected?

Customer reply replied 28 days ago
No, I do not hear any audio. All I see is a blue screen that says no connection/no signal. I hear the wii running (making noise from the actual system itself) to show it is running.

Is this the type of cable that you are using? https://www.ebay.com/i/282597202167

Customer reply replied 28 days ago
Not quite, this is the cable I bought just recently and received today: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0011E4J2Y/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

What is the model number of the TV that you are currently using?

Do you have any other cable types available that you can try, e.g. composite or HDMI?

Customer reply replied 28 days ago
It's a vizio hdmi hd tv, model number: VO320E
Customer reply replied 28 days ago
No, I only have the cables I told about.

Ok, so something is preventing the AV output from working properly on the Wii.

Did anyone change anything in the Wii's display settings, that you are aware of?

You will need to try a different output type, e.g. Component:

https://www.amazon.com/Fosmon-C-1036-HDAV-Component-Cable-Nintendo/dp/B00CA8636K/

--------------------

Your satisfaction is my priority; I hope I have earned 5 stars today!

Please take a moment to rate my service 5 stars and press Submit at the top of your question page; tips appreciated :)

If my service is lacking and not worth 5 stars yet, please let me know before submitting your rating and I will do my best to assist you further.

Pete.

--------------------

Pete, Engineer
Pete, Engineer