Game Systems

Video Game Console Repair Questions? Ask a Technician ASAP

My son is 11 years old and set up his play station in

My son is 11...

My son is 11 years old and set up his play station in November. He is trying to set up the app on hos phone. However it keeps asking for his birthdate for verification. At the time of set up he thought that due to his age he might be excluded from things. So he put in a different birth date to make himself older. He didn't write it down.

Technician's Assistant: When did your game system stop powering on?

I was hoping to reset his birth date.

Technician's Assistant: Have you tried resetting the AC adapter (unplugging it from the outlet and the console and waiting 2 minutes)?

His email is***@******.***

3/19/2018
Pete, Engineer

I am Pete, and I'll be happy to assist with your question today.

To use the same account he will need to enter the birthdate that was originally used. It is not possible to reset or change the birthdate.

If he cannot remember it and it has not been written down then he will need to start a new PSN account.

--------------------

Your satisfaction is my priority; I hope I have earned 5 stars today!

Please take a moment to rate my service 5 stars and press Submit at the top of your question page; tips appreciated :)

If my service is lacking and not worth 5 stars yet, please let me know before submitting your rating and I will do my best to assist you further.

Pete.

--------------------

Pete, Engineer