Russell H., Service Tech
Experience:  8+ years of professional experience
13568747

Regarding gaming mouse adjustments, what is linear

Customer Question

Regarding gaming mouse adjustments, what is linear adjustments
JA: What's the brand, model, and Operating System (OS) of your computer?
Customer: Xbox one x
JA: What have you tried so far with your computer?
Customer: Can you explain "linear adjustment" its an adjustment option I have for my mouse but I have no idea what is does.
JA: The Computer Technician will be able to walk you through that. Anything else you want the Computer Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: No
Category: Game Systems
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
The setting is titled "linear adjustment". I want to have a better understanding of it.
Expert:  Russell H. replied 8 months ago.

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is***** will do my best to provide the right answer to your XBox question.

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Ok.

Larger numbers mean the mouse is 'more sensitive' i.e. flies across the screen faster when you move it.

The numbers are essentially dots-per-inch, at finest, that the mouse shall move.

If set to 10 and the mouse moves too slowly by half, try setting to 20.

If the mouse is too fast, too zippy across the screen, twitches too readily, and 10 is set, set to 7 or 6 instead.

If this answers your question, please rate my answer, using the five-star rating interface at the top of the JustAnswer page (cited below if needed.) A five-star rating would be appreciated! Thank you.

If you need more info, or have any comments, use Reply To Expert to respond.

(Page for rating: https://www.justanswer.com/game-systems/b3ikd-regarding-gaming-mouse-adjustments-linear.html )