Game Systems

Video Game Console Repair Questions? Ask a Technician ASAP

I changed game tags on my system, keeping games and apps.

Customer Question
I changed game tags...

I changed game tags on my system, keeping games and apps. now that xbox is set up my machine will not redeem a prepaid XBOX LIVE GOLD 12 month card. tried 3 or 4 different ways on xbox to put in code. Reads as card is not active. went back to store where bought, twice. Both times they say card is active and to contact xbox.

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your XBox? What have you tried so far?

Day 3 now. Xbox Assist, redeem code. Looked through all tips to see if any help could be found. Xbox LIVE GOLD page. all reads as card is not active. turned on and off system and internet provider.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Game Expert to know before I connect you?

Just that will not redeem card. oh yes also it canceled out my last xbox live 12 month I had going. Not 100 percent sure, think I still had about 4 months left on it

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Game Systems
1/9/2018
Electronics Technician: Harry, Customer Service replied 6 months ago
Harry, Customer Service

Hello:

Welcome to JustAnswer! My name is ***** ***** I am happy to be assisting you today. My sincerest apologies that it look so long for someone to reply. I've just logged in and saw your question waiting and I'm happy to assist you. Before we begin, can you please let me know if you still need help with your question? Just use the reply box to let me know.

I need assistance

Hi and welcome to JustAnswer! Before we get started, it looks like you may be trying to reach another company. JustAnswer is a question and answer site and not affiliated with the company you are trying to reach. I am a certified technician and if you'd like to continue on JustAnswer, I will try my best to help you with your question. Otherwise, if you came here by mistake, let me know and the Customer Care team will reach out to you.

This is the site.

I have re-read your initial reply and it appears that you think we are Xbox/Microsoft and we are not.

Ok plz help.

Ummm ok. Have no idea how you got into the mix?? Sorry have a good one.