Game Systems

Video Game Console Repair Questions? Ask a Technician ASAP

We had to change our WiFi network. Century Link I guess.

Customer Question
We had to change...

We had to change our WiFi network.

Technician's Assistant: Who makes your router?

Century Link I guess

Technician's Assistant: What have you tried so far?

Typed in New network, Don't know which security, so I used our pass with each one and none worked

Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: Game Systems
Answered in 1 minute by:
12/20/2017
Electronics Technician: Josh, Hobbyist replied 5 months ago
Josh, Hobbyist

Hi! My name is ***** ***** I will be assisting you. Let's get started!

Are you not sure of your new Wi-Fi password?

Do it this way

The Wi-Fi password ***** ***** the sticker of the router itself.

It will be listed as the Key/Passphrase on the sticker

We got the password ***** the modem bottom. It worked fine on our kindled.

Great!

Which device is it not working on?

Wii

What is the error message that you see?

50300

Did you pick the Wi-Fi name from the list on your Wii? It sounds like you manually tried to enter the information

I don't know the type of security to enter the pass. I tried all and none worked

You need to select the Wi-Fi network from the available list on your Wii. You are manually entering it.

I typed in the said, then it asked for "type of security" and listed: WEP, WPA-PSK TKIP, WPA-PSK AES, WPA 2-PSK ,AES. I tried all and none worked. I had no other options

You typed in what? Did you select the network name from the list? It sounds like you are manually adding all of the information. You need to go back and select the network name from the list.

There was NO list, I had to type in our network ssid

It needs to appear in the list otherwise there is an issue.

Unplug the Wii and try again

Ok, I can see we are not going anywhere, I will not be able to use Netflix. Thanks for nothing

Let me know when you would like to continue

Merry Christmas!

Gameguy360
Gameguy360
Gameguy360, Retail