Game Systems

Video Game Console Repair Questions? Ask a Technician ASAP

How can i hookup my xbox 360 to my pioneer 918 amp. I tried…

Customer Question
How can i hookup...

How can i hookup my xbox 360 to my pioneer 918 amp

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your XBox? What have you tried so far?

I tried hooking an hdmi cord into the amp and out to the tv

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Game Expert to know before I connect you?

Just to know how to properly hook it up to the 918 pioneer amp

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Game Systems
12/14/2017
Electronics Technician: Rusty, Customer Service replied 7 months ago
Rusty
Rusty, Customer Service

Hello, my name is***** to Justanswer! Give me just a few minutes to look up some specifics, I'm working on this now.

The Xbox 360 has problems with video through surround receivers. In order to get the best results, connect your Xbox directly to your TV with HDMI, then run an optical cable from your TV to Opt 1 CD on your receiver.

There is a little setup involved.

On your TV, go to the audio menu, and turn the TV speakers off. That will activate the optical audio output.

On your receiver, press setup, then select the Input Assign menu. Make sure Opt 1 is set to CD, switch your receiver to the CD source, and you should be good to go. Let me know if you have any trouble.