Game Systems

Video Game Console Repair Questions? Ask a Technician ASAP

I just purchased a PS4 slim console from Amazon. I'm trying…

Customer Question
Hi. I just purchased...

Hi. I just purchased a PS4 slim console from Amazon. I'm trying to do the quick set-up, but I'm having a problem with the internet connection. I put in the password, press done, but the screen goes back to a request for the password. What's the problem?

Technician's Assistant: When did your game system stop powering on?

It's never stopped powering on.

Technician's Assistant: Have you tried resetting the AC adapter (unplugging it from the outlet and the console and waiting 2 minutes)?

No. You think a basic reboot might be all I need to do?

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Game Expert to know before I connect you?

No. I just want/need to get to the next step in quick start.

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Game Systems
12/10/2017
Electronics Technician: Pete, Engineer replied 7 months ago
Pete, Engineer

I am Pete, and I'll be happy to assist with your question today.

The wifi connection may not be strong enough.

Try using an ethernet cable, or use powerline adapters for a reliable internet connection on the PS4.