Game Systems

Video Game Console Repair Questions? Ask a Technician ASAP

I just got a ps4 pro recently and right now I am trying to…

Customer Question
Hey... I just got a...
Hey... I just got a ps4 pro recently and right now I am trying to play it for the first time on a gaming monitor ( Asus VX238H )
Have plugged everything properly. Turn it on and there is sound but no display.
Tried looking it up on internet, Using the safe mode from PS4 but still unable to access the PS4.
Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Game Systems
12/7/2017
Electronics Technician: Pete, Engineer replied 7 months ago
Pete, Engineer

I am Pete, and I'll be happy to assist with your question today.

The following process should work as it forces the PS4 to redetect the monitor's settings if you have moved it to a new monitor:

1. Turn off your PS4 by holding down the power button. The lights have to be off. Turn off your TV and unplug your HDMI cord.
  2. Plug the high speed HDMI cable from your PS4 into the appropriate port on your monitor.
  3. Turn the monitor on.
  4. Hold down the power button on your PS4 until it beeps a second time and the console will start in Safe Mode
  5. Change the HDCP setting to 1.4 support only. This will not allow HDR or certain streaming video playback, so it's not a permanent solution.
  6. Your PS4 will restart and you'll likely end up with a blank screen.
  7. Turn your PS4 off (hold the button) and repeat the previous step to go back into Safe Mode.
  8. Now choose the "change resolution" option and your PS4 will restart.
  9. If you get an image after PS4 restarts then choose the 4K YUV420 option. This is sometimes required to resolve the issue.
  10. If you don't have a signal, repeat the shutdown/restart procedures to go back into Safe Mode.
  11. Now choose HDCP and choose the automatic option.
  12. Restart and access Safe Mode again and choose the change resolution option again and then choose YUV420 when the menu appears.

You may have to repeat this process a few times until your PS4 correctly detects everything.

--------------------
Happy Holidays!
Your satisfaction is my priority; I hope I have earned 5 stars today!
Kindly take a moment to rate my service 5 stars and press Submit at the top of your question page to finish; tips appreciated :)
You can always reply back after rating me if you need any further assistance at all.
Pete.
--------------------

Hey.. Sorry for the late reply... Still unable to fix it even using the similar steps above.

Does the PS4 work ok with a different display?