Game Systems

Video Game Console Repair Questions? Ask a Technician ASAP

I am attempting to format a new hdd f my ps3.what web site…

Customer Question
I am attempting to...

I am attempting to format a new hdd f my ps3.what web site do I need to down load the data from?

Technician's Assistant: How long have you had your PS3.WHAT?

What, what?About 3 years.

Technician's Assistant: The Technician will be able to walk you through that. What have you tried so far?

Ihave tried various tactics that youtubers have sugeested

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Electronics Expert to know before I connect you?

Sorry my cats were demanding attention.

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Game Systems
11/29/2017
Electronics Technician: Roger, Customer Service replied 4 months ago
Roger, Customer Service
Hi my name is ***** ***** it would be my pleasure to help with your issue.
There are a few things you will need to ensure that you get this done correctly. First you will need a USB memory stick with at least 1 GB of storage. Next you will need the new hard drive formatted to the FAT file system.
To format the new hard drive plug it into your computer, then go to my computer and under devices with removable storage right click on the new drive that shows up. When you right click there should be an option to format. Once you click the format option, there will be a drop down to change the file system to FAT or FAT32. Select this option then click format.
Once you have done this go to the following link and download the installation file to the USB jump drive with at least 1 GB remaining.
http://dus01.ps4.update.playstation.net/update/ps4/image/2017_1018/rec_8d6b9274217351daf0b3811622ed68e4/PS4UPDATE.PUP
Copy and paste that link to your browser the update file should download automatically. Save the file to the USB jump drive. There should be two folders on the USB jump drive. The first folder should be called PS4, inside of this folder should be another folder called update in all CAPS.
Here's another link to these instructions on the PlayStation website.
https://www.playstation.com/en-us/support/system-updates/ps4/#newinstallation
You'll be following the steps for a full install not the update. Hope this helps, let me know if there's anything else I can do to assist you. Please don't forget to rate my response when you are satisfied with the answers you received. Thanks and have a wonderful day!
Roger, Customer Service