Game Systems

Video Game Console Repair Questions? Ask a Technician ASAP

Cant connect to an ethernet cable on my ps4. talked to my…

Customer Question
Cant connect to an...

Cant connect to an ethernet cable on my ps4. talked to my internet provider and theysaid all was good on their end that i should ask sony about checking to see if my port was open or closed?

Technician's Assistant: What's the exact make and model of your television? And what have you tried as far as getting this connected goes?

Tv is a phillips flatscreen i bought used a couple years ago. i have reset ps4 and reset modem and changed ethernet cables as well

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?

Just today. reset everything, checked connections called isp

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Electronics Expert to know before I connect you?

Tried 3 seperate ps4 and 2 brand new cables

Submitted: 9 months ago.Category: Game Systems
11/20/2017
Electronics Technician: Pete, Engineer replied 9 months ago
Pete, Engineer

I am Pete, and I'll be happy to assist with your question today.

The ethernet connection is plug-n-play, so there are no ports that need opened.

Does the ethernet light come on to indicate that a connection is present when you connect the cable at both ends?

Can you test the PS4 on a different modem to see if it will connect ok there?

No light comes on either when i plug the ethernet cable in, but i have never noticed one ever being on, on my ps4. I did notice there was one flashing on the modem in the past
I dont have access to another modem at this time

If no light is coming on then suspect a problem with the PS4 - the ethernet connection on it may have been damaged somehow.

It will need to be sent for repair.

Would all 3 playstion 4's develope the same problem on the same day? All were working fine and have not been moved any to be dropped or knocked around to cause damage.

That would be very unusual and may be a problem with the modem itself, but without trying a different modem we cannot confirm that.