Game Systems

Video Game Console Repair Questions? Ask a Technician ASAP

Game Systems

McNutt with the St. Francis County Sheriff's department. Im…

Customer Question
This is Detective Sgt...

This is Detective Sgt. McNutt with the St. Francis County Sheriff's department. Im wondering if you can tell me who owns a PSP if I provide you the serial number. It is reportedly stolen and weve recovered it and the suspect has changed or deleted information

Technician's Assistant: What's the make/model of your device? How old is it?

1st generation approximately 4 years old

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?

We recovered the PSP today that was stolen on the 28th of September 2017. Were not sure about trouble shooting since the actual owner cant find or knows how to get to the information

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Game Expert to know before I connect you?

Would a serial number to the PSP help determine the owner

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Game Systems
10/10/2017
Electronics Technician: Russell H., Service Tech replied 4 months ago
Russell H., Service Tech

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is***** will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

Detective Sgt. McNutt, thank you for contacting us here at JustAnswer. The serial # on the PSP device may be used for tracking its owner, but only through Sony themselves, it seems, upon some research I just did into the question.

Contact Sony at 1(###) ###-#### - that is their general Customer Service line.

or ask Sony about 'theft' or 'stolen' at this web page - it might perhaps bring up further information, if no other source yields anything:

https://www.playstation.com/en-gb/get-help/#!/category/1486636

I'm sorry I could not find other informative resources... Sony does have 'accounts' or PS accounts, that link to an email, that is the email of the owner of the device - that may be a way of tracing who the original owner of the PSP device is. Ask them, I advise, in short.

Since I have not heard back from you, I am assuming that my answer was helpful and provided what you needed to help toward a solution.

If I have indeed answered your question, please rate my answer, using the five-star interface on your JustAnswer page. - A five-star rating would be appreciated. Thank you.

(If this didn't answer your question, if you need more info, or have any comments, use Reply To Expert to respond, and I will help you further to a solution.)

Russell H., Service Tech