Game Systems

Video Game Console Repair Questions? Ask a Technician ASAP

I purchased a game for my son for his XBox 360 - he

Customer Question
I purchased a game...

I purchased a game for my son for his XBox 360 - he downloaded the game but an error message came up to say that it was corrupt... obviously he is not very impressed, neither am I as I have now lost R149. Please advise if there is anything else we can do - thanks, Wendy

Technician's Assistant: Just to clarify, what's the exact make and model of your machine?

Xbox 360, he also has Xbox 1

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?

We tried to load it yesterday - a couple of times and the same error message kept coming up

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Game Expert to know before I connect you?

Nothing I can think of thanks

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Game Systems
Answered in 1 hour by:
9/25/2017
Electronics Technician: Dustin, Repair Technician replied 10 months ago
Dustin, Repair Technician
Experience: From The ColecoVision to PS3's and XBOX 360's I have been using and repairing game systems for many years! Worked in The US Army as A Network Switching Systems Operator/Controller

Welcome to Justanswer.com, my name is Dustin.
I'm sorry to hear about the issue you are having, I will do my best to help you resolve it.

You need to delete the game first

1. Go to the Settings hub, and choose System.
  2. Select Storage.
  3. Select Hard Drive.
  4. Select Games.
  5. Select the game that you want to delete.

Once deleted, restart the xbox.. And then download the game again during non peak hours. ( dont download between 3pm and 8 pm if you can help it )

That should work, but if you run into any issues let me know and I will assist you further as needed.

I strive to provide great service, and greatly appreciate a 5 star rating clicked and submitted when you are satisfied.. I always answer follow up questions.

Dustin S.

Senior Technician and Network Switching Systems Operator / Maintainer.