Game Systems

Video Game Console Repair Questions? Ask a Technician ASAP

Game Systems

For some reasons PS4 have some glitches (like loading slowly

Hello, For some reasons PS4 have...
For some reasons PS4 have some glitches (like loading slowly or something like that) and buzzes when you turn on some game. Thermal grease was changed. Bought it used. Have it like for a year.
What could be the problem?
9/8/2017
Josh, Hobbyist

Hi! My name is ***** ***** I will be assisting you. Let's get started!

I apologize for the long wait.

Do you still need help with your issue?

Hello Josh. Yep, no one answered, and still need one.
I apologize. I am out of the office today preparing for the hurricane so I will need to opt out. If the question is still available when I am back in the office, I will reply as soon as possible.
I'm sorry that you facing this situation :(
Please answer when it's possible. Anyone
Hello?
Need an answer
Dan T.
Dan T., Master Technician

Welcome to the site! I'm Dan. Sorry for the wait. Looks like Josh got caught up in the weather down south.

1. How long has this been a problem?

2. Did you change the thermal grease because of this problem? Did it help at all?

3. Does it act like this on all games, or only certain ones?

for at least 3 months. I did change thermopaste and cleaned all of the PS. It acts more active on fresh releases like Injustice2 and less on Overwatch.
I think it depends on amount of graphic complexity.

Where is the buzzing coming from?

Cooler is one that makes the noise. Very loud

So the buzzing is coming from the PS4, or the speakers?

Speakers? On TV?
Noise coming from ps4. You know like when old computer is working hard even to turn on.

OK, I'm definitely familiar with that noise. In fact, I've worked on a couple PS4's with similar issues. There are a couple possible causes.

Did you replace the cooling fan when you replaced the thermal grease? If not, you should. Fan bearings degrade over time and cause air flow issues, which can cause issues exactly like you're seeing. Graphics-intensive games use more processing power, which generates more heat. If the fan isn't operating fully, the case will retain the heat which isn't good.

There's a pretty good write-up on fan replacement at >>this link<<.

The issues you're seeing could also be caused by an aging or degraded hard disk drive. The good news is that those are also replaceable, but I would start with the fan. >>Here<< is a good link for the disk drive procedure. So, start with the fan. If it's still noisy and glitchy, I suggest the hard disk drive.

Let me know if you have any other questions, and don't forget to rate the service I've provided. I hope it was great!!

Dan T.
Dan T., Master Technician
Okay, understand that. Will see what I can do
One more thing. I still don't get it. If I buy a ps vita can I connect via remote play, if I'm not in the same Wi-Fi spot?
https://youtu.be/m_YXjl6vcQs according to this video (4 thing), yes I can.
But I have Sony smartphone, and I couldn't do that for some reason
Dan T.
Dan T.
Dan T., Master Technician