Game Systems

Video Game Console Repair Questions? Ask a Technician ASAP

Game Systems

When playing the game, sometimes the disk just "freezes",

Customer Question
When playing the game, sometimes...
When playing the game, sometimes the disk just "freezes", sometimes it comes back and starts and sometimes it doesn't.
JA: What's the make/model of your device? How old is it?
Customer: PS3
JA: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: Oh, since I bought a used Madden 16 disk. I have now tried 2 madden 16s and both do the same thing. I have cleaned the disk several times and have tried blowing some canned air into the slot.
JA: Anything else you want the game expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: nope
Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Game Systems
Answered in 1 hour by:
8/7/2017
Electronics Technician: Josh, Hobbyist replied 4 months ago
Josh, Hobbyist

Hi! My name is ***** ***** I will be assisting you. Let's get started!

I apologize that you had to wait for a response.

Do you still need help with your issue?

of course.

Does it happen on other discs than Madden?

I only have the Madden one. Had another disk that did the same thing and traded it in for this one. Both were doing it.

Is this for a PS3 or PS4?

PS3
Hi Josh, he has done the self cleaning with a micro fiber cloth very gently and by using my sewing machine can of air for the inside - again gently. The freezing only happened twice yesterday but he finally shut it off when the second freeze never changed.

Please click on the link and perform that version of the self cleaning (it is different from the cloth and air can)

I am checking back up on you about your issue. If the issue is resolved or you do not need anymore help, please rate our session as 5 stars and press Submit so I am credited with helping you otherwise please reply back so we can continue with the issue.

Will give it a try and get back to you. Not done yet! thanks for the link.

You're welcome!

Josh, Hobbyist