Game Systems

Video Game Console Repair Questions? Ask a Technician ASAP

Game Systems

I have been trying to sign in on my play station account. It

Customer Question
I have been trying to...
I have been trying to sign in on my play station account.
JA: What's the make/model of your device? How old is it?
Customer: It is a PS4 and it is 1 year old.
JA: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: Since Tuesday. I tried resetting my account password ***** it doesn't recognize my sign in account.
JA: Anything else you want the game expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: I created a new gamer ID with the same account yesterday.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Game Systems
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
The PS4 won't recognize my account
10/23/2016
Electronics Technician: Russell H., Service Tech replied 1 year ago
Russell H., Service Tech

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

Try this (after restarting the PS4, etc. as usual and making sure your PS4 actually is connected to the internet):

Go to

Settings

Network

Set Up Internet Connection

on your PS4. And choose 'Custom', and instead of the entry for MTU, or Set MTU, enter the number

1476

and try that. Often this works, when the PSN is down for unknown reasons.

Russell H., Service Tech