Game Systems

Video Game Console Repair Questions? Ask a Technician ASAP

I keep getting the error code:52230 when trying to connect…

Customer Question
I keep getting the error...
I keep getting the error code:52230 when trying to connect to wifi
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Game Systems
1/26/2016
Electronics Technician: Pete, Engineer replied 2 years ago
Pete, Engineer

Hi Julia,

This error can be caused by wireless interference.

Changing the wireless channel on your router may help. Most wireless routers have a channel range of 1 through 11. The best channels to try are usually 1 and 11, as they do not overlap with other channels. Typically, the channel settings for your router will be found in the router's main "Wireless" tab.

Try moving your router away from walls and off the floor and try to place it in a central location in your home. Also, keep it away from metal objects such as metal filing cabinets which can cause interference.

Cordless or mobile phones, or other wireless electronics (wireless keyboards, headphones, cell phones), especially those using the 2.4GHz frequency, can interfere with your wireless signal. Also, older microwave models can cause wireless interference. Avoid electronics that use the 2.4GHz frequency, instead look for devices that use the 5.8GHz or 900MHz frequencies.