Game Systems

Video Game Console Repair Questions? Ask a Technician ASAP

We have not used our WII few months, and when we push the…

Customer Question
we have not used our...
we have not used our WII for a few months, and when we push the disc channel, it says "unable to read the disc. Check the Wii Operations Manual for help troubleshooting", and of course we cannot find our manual. Help please!
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Game Systems
1/26/2016
Electronics Technician: Dustin, Repair Technician replied 2 years ago
Dustin, Repair Technician
Experience: From The ColecoVision to PS3's and XBOX 360's I have been using and repairing game systems for many years! Worked in The US Army as A Network Switching Systems Operator/Controller

Welcome to Justanswer.com,my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to assist you.

Lets try some simple steps first.

Eject the disk. Check it for scratches, smudges or fingerprints. gently clean any smudges or fingerprints.

Now, turn the wii off. Unplug it from power.. After its unplugged from power, wait 30 seconds.

Then plug it back into power, then turn it on. Once powered up insert the disk.

can it read the disk now?

I strive to provide great service, and greatly appreciate a rating of excellent ( 5 stars ) selected and submitted below this answer or at the top right of the screen. I always answer follow up questions.

Dustin S.

Senior Technician and Network Switching Systems Operator / Maintainer.

Dustin, Repair Technician