Rusty
Rusty, Customer Service
Experience:  Over 20 years electronics experience. How may I help you today?
63817454

I purchased a G920 Driving Racing wheel, I feel as though I

Customer Question

I purchased a G920 Driving Racing wheel, I feel as though I have correctly attached all connections, yet the X Box 1 does not acknowledge that it is hooked up Is there something I am missing
Category: Game Systems
Expert:  Rusty replied 1 year ago.

Hello, my name is Rusty. Please double check these things:

That you plug into the side USB port on your Xbox.

That the wheel is plugged into the pedals.

That you plugged into power.

With these things true, reboot your Xbox, and tell me the results.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The symbol on the steering wheel is blinking white but it is not fully illuminated The Xbox says that. Nothing is connected
Expert:  Rusty replied 1 year ago.

When you plug it into USB, does the wheel move?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Should it be locked in a position?
Expert:  Rusty replied 1 year ago.

It should rotate fully in each direction, then center to calibrate it. Is it doing that?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

yes

Expert:  Rusty replied 1 year ago.

Hmm, the wheel is fine, it's just not communicating. Turn everything off and unplug them for 30 seconds, including your Xbox and the USB connection for your wheel. Connect the USB, then plug everything in, and turn them on. Does that establish a connection? Push the Xbox button on the bottom of the front of the wheel.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The button on the wheel does turn on the Xbox however when you go to accessories and devices it says that nothing is connected. It also doesn't work
Expert:  Rusty replied 1 year ago.

Ok, let's make sure the firmware is up to date, click here. You'll have to plug it into your computer to do the update. I know it says it's for PC mode only, but it will load the software, which seems to be the issue.

Another thing, do you have any other controllers connected?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No other controllers are on. Waiting on updated firmware. Firmware is downloaded reboot has occurred several times. Nothing has been successful so far
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Firmware has been downloaded and the system has been rebooted several times still no luck
Expert:  Rusty replied 1 year ago.

Ok, there seems to be a conflict in your Xbox. Let's clear the cache.

Press and hold the power button on the front of the console until it powers down completely. Unplug the power cable from the back of the console so that the power brick in not connected to the console. Press the power button on the console three or four times.

That will clear it, and will give the CPU a fresh start. Now try the controller.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It appears that the controller does not want to calibrate for some reason
Expert:  Rusty replied 1 year ago.

Is Xbox finding it now?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The d pad functions which is strange but the wheel does not turn the car and the pedals don't work
Expert:  Rusty replied 1 year ago.

Hmm, would you say that is an improvement before clearing the cache? I'm trying to get clues as to where the problem is. It is looking like a bad controller.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Well it's brand new purchased from best buy yesterday
Expert:  Rusty replied 1 year ago.

Yes, but sometimes they come out of the box with a manufacturer's defect. One more attempt to clear the cache. Press and hold the power button to get it to shut off completely. Disconnect the power cord from the back of the Xbox. Hold the power button for 30 seconds to completely drain all of the residual power.

Now when you plug it in, if it doesn't like to calibrate, then you have a faulty controller. Best Buy will exchange it for a new one for free.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your help guess it's back to best buy
Expert:  Rusty replied 1 year ago.

Let me know if the new one doesn't fix the problem.