Russell H., Service Tech
Experience:  8+ years of professional experience
13568747

Stolen PS3 - is SCEA in City, CA still where law enforcement

Customer Question

Stolen PS3 - is SCEA in Foster City, CA still where law enforcement needs to contact? And I'm having trouble finding a phone number which law enforcement can call. I need Sony and/or PlayStation Network to give law enforcement my MAC address and/or serial number.
Category: Game Systems
Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 year ago.

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

If you do not have your MAC Address and serial number for the item you wish to report stolen, you may have very little to go on, unfortunately.

In some jurisdictions, even having the serial # ***** cite is not sufficient - one must have engraved one's name and phone # ***** the chassis.

As for information from your user account - try logging in to your Sony account, and see if the information is available there.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hello Russel,You did not answer my question - Is Sony Computer Entertainment America, Foster City, CA still the correct point of contact for law enforcement to contact Sony?Lorentz
Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 year ago.

I am not sure which Sony branch should be contacted about a law enforcement concern.

This page lists all Sony Computer Entertainment America offices, I think:

https://www.playstation.com/en-us/corporate/ouroffices/

'Foster City' CA is *not* listed among them, so I think the answer to your latest question is, "No. Not Foster City."