Game Systems

Video Game Console Repair Questions? Ask a Technician ASAP

Game Systems

My wiiu cpu wont power up

Customer Question
My wiiu cpu wont power up
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Game Systems
9/23/2015
Electronics Technician: Aric, Hobbyist replied 2 years ago
Aric, Hobbyist

Hello and sorry you're having problems. Please disconnect the power cord form the back of the WII U, then press and hold the power button on the console itself for 15 seconds and release. Wait a full minute then plug the system back into power. Turn it on and let me know what happens.

If the same issue, then please tell me how long you've owned it for.

Did not work WiiU is 3yrs old

Okay, are you saying the controller powers up, but there's no power to the console? Not sure exactly what you mean by CPU.

Is there any power light on the console at all?

The gamepad powers up and the console is dead
No light at all

Okay, it's likely the power supply block has failed. Is there a green light on the power supply block (on either side of it)?

no light on the power block

Okay, you would want to replace the power supply block- as it's the most common cause of the Wii U not powering up. This can be purchased at the link below for around $15:

http://www.amazon.com/Power-Supply-Universal-100-Adapter/dp/B00B0R0Y4E

If you need further assistance let me know. Please do not forget to click the 5 STAR RATING, at the top of the page for my efforts. It is my livelihood and you can follow up at any time if needed.

Do you need any further assistance with this?

Aric, Hobbyist