Gameguy360
Gameguy360, Retail
Experience:  8 years radioshack, 2 years game crazy.
41474190

I have recently moved. I am trying to hook up my Atari system

Customer Question

I have recently moved. I am trying to hook up my Atari system of a computer Orthoptic monitor to a Atari keyboard. The connections in the rear of the monitor are not giving me color and I am getting a humming sound when I have the volume on.
Category: Game Systems
Expert:  green-owl replied 2 years ago.
Hello. What is the Atari system? an Atari ST?? When you mention an Atari keyboar, i assume you mean that the computer is inside the keyboard (like the Amigas and the commodore 64)?
Can you give me the model number of the monitor.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
It is called a computer orthotics 65xe is the keyboard. Monitor is NEC model # ***** I do vision therapy and can't get them to work. Would pictures help
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
what other information would you need ?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
are u still there ? sorry never did anything like this before ?
Expert:  green-owl replied 2 years ago.
I see, that seem the company producing this:
www.visiontherapysolutions.net
Nothing to do with any Atari consoles or computers.
I don't have manual for the Nec (the model number you gave me is valid)
Can you describe me what is labeled on the connector on each system, not just the colors.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
one says video one in audio mono that is the ones i normally use Do you need more ?
Expert:  green-owl replied 2 years ago.
and that is on the computer or on the monitor, i need to know both side to know how to interface them. Also don't just list me what you use, list me all connector video related.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
just sent a picture did you get it ?
Expert:  green-owl replied 2 years ago.
That sure would be nice, sadly i do not see it anywhere. You could use wikisend.com if you still can't link it
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
i messaged it to(###) ###-####?
Expert:  green-owl replied 2 years ago.
That phone number is ***** linked to me. I was thinking you were on a computer so you could link it to the website.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
on my phone sent it to the phone number. tried that wikisend it wont upload the picture ?in video 1 off
mono level 2 places to plug in
audio level 2 places to plug in that is what the back of the monitor says
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
then there is 2 switches
H. Position you can either put it on HIGH or 75
AFC Speed Select fast or slowthat is everything on the monitor where u can plug things in
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Is that helpful ?
Expert:  green-owl replied 2 years ago.
Ok, it seem the NEC is a very old one, circa 1986 from my research. Then it may only be composite while the other system is component. Perhaps the computer can be set as composite.
If you send the luminance cable to the composite connector, they are compatible but you will only see B&W. On composite this is usually yellow, on component it is usually called Y but it mean luminance and not yellow (it is in fact green). The component have 2 red cable, one part of color component and if you get that one into an audio composite input it will produce anoying humming like any video signal into an audio input will do.
Let me know if this make any sense from what you see in the manual and the connector you have.
The switch do not see related.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I sent u everything on the back of the monitor. Where should I plug into. I am NOT electronic savvy. As u can see. It worked fine in my old office
Expert:  green-owl replied 2 years ago.
Only the monitor changed from your other office?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Nothing has changed !!!!
Expert:  green-owl replied 2 years ago.
Then it must be differently connected, a setting is different (a component output can sometime be set as a composite and inversely). I don't have documentaion for any of the computer or the monitor. If you can take photo that you can link to be in some way it would really help me. It is also possible that someting was damaged in the transport.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
You are not helping at all
Expert:  green-owl replied 2 years ago.
Hehe, i try! Remember that i am not there in the room with you. You have what look to me like an old monitor (unless NEC re-used a model number) and a piece of computer equipment that is not common at all that does not seem to have any documentation online so i don't know what it look like.
Take your time and get me the picture we talked about and we might be able to progress.