Game Systems

Video Game Console Repair Questions? Ask a Technician ASAP

Ihave a nintendo wii system that shows erroe code 52231 when…

Ihave a nintendo wii system...
Ihave a nintendo wii system that shows erroe code 52231 when I TRY TO ASCESS the internet. what does that mean
5/18/2015
Ashik, GameSystem Tech
Hi and Welcome. My Name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you today with your question.
That means it is unable to access internet or get an valid IP address from the router. When did this problem start ?
it started as soon as i hooked it up to my tv
i have wireless internet service
It is possible that the TV and Nintendo try to use the same IP address from the router. I want you to soft-reset the router and see if it works or not.
Press the reset button on the back of the router for 1 second. This will re-assign fresh IP address to all the devices. Then after 3 minutes, turn it off and unplug it for 5 minutes. Then plug it back and turn it on.
Now, on your Wii connect it to WiFi network again. Refer this article --> http://en-americas-support.nintendo.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/2679
Please let me know if that didn't work, so we can continue troubleshooting. Only rate the answer after we solved the problem.
i live in an extended stay hotel so i do not have access to a router. everything is wireless
The problem is usually related to the router. I want you to clear the internet connection slots of your Wii and then reconnect it to your WiFi network. Refer this article --> http://en-americas-support.nintendo.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/2673/~/how-to-clear-the-internet-connection-slots-on-the-wii
I have access to to wireless internet BUT THERE IS NO ROUTER
ARE YOU SAYING THAT FOR ME TO SOLVE THIS I MUST HAVE A ROUTER
No, I'm not saying that. I'm saying that usually this happens if there is any problem with router.
Since you don't have access to router, please try this. I want you to clear the internet connection slots of your Wii and then reconnect it to your WiFi network.
Follow the instructions in here to clear slots of Wii--> http://en-americas-support.nintendo.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/2673/~/how-to-clear-the-
Then connect it to your WiFi again. Let me know how it goes.
I DID WHAT THE INSTRUCTIONS SAID TO DO AND IT SAID ERROR CODE 52230 AGAIN
Does it connect when you turn off your TV ?
no , i have my system connected to my tv
Do you have access to a computer connected to that network ?
yes i am using it right now
Is it a Windows PC or Apple Mac ?
windows pc 7
On your PC, open Start and select Run. Type CMD and press enter.
From the command prompt, type ipconfig and press enter. What is your IP address, DNS and gateway
Idonot windows software , I have ubuntu which is linux my does not run , start or any thing like that
Refer this article to get those details from Ubuntu --> http://www.howtogeek.com/howto/17012/how-to-find-your-ip-address-in-ubuntu/
Let me know..
I meant i donot have windows software. i have linux software
Let me know
Ok my ip ddress is17.20.1.16 , my dns is 172.20.1.1
Clear all the WiFi slots again on your Wii like you did before.
Then connect the Wii to internet again and this time, do with Manual Setup. Refer this article --> http://en-americas-support.nintendo.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/3068
Use this IP address --> 17.20.1.26 or 17.20.1.23 or 17.20.1.28 or 17.20.1.51 or some random for last two numbers of the address.
For DNS, enter 8.8.8.8 for primary and 8.8.4.4 for second. Then connect. Let me know how it goes.
Hi there, I'm just checking. How is it going ?
Ashik, nothing that I have tried is working. I followed all given instructions from the links. As of now it seems to me that this was not suscessful for me at all. right now I feel very strongly that I have wastedmy time, your time, and mostly my money. I have spent 31 dollars on this site for nothing. the only satisfaction I can get from this site is for my money to be refunded immediately.
I understand. But could you please tell me why did you rate me as Bad Service ? All I did is try to help you. Just like you did, I also invested my time too. As I mentioned, to solve these kind of problems you need to access the router.
The bad service rating will badly affect my job here. Do you think I deserve bad rating ?
I'd greatly appreciate if you rate me as OK Service to reverse the rating. You can contact support at***@******.*** for refund even if you rate me OK Service. It'd be helpful to me if you rate me OK Service. If you still want to have this bad rating on me, then it is OK, you don't have to rate me OK Service.
Whether you rate me OK Service or not, you can contact***@******.*** for refund. But I'd greatly appreciate you reverse it.
Ashik, GameSystem Tech
Ashik I will give a better rating, the service that you provided was not actually that bad. I am upset because I did not get the results I was expecting. The low rating I gave was not about you in general. thank you telling me how to get my money back. if i had use this site again it would only be because of the personal that you provided.
I understand your frustration. The problem is not on your end. It is because of the infrastructure of the network. Since the Wii is very old, it is not very well compatible with latest WiFi technology.
If you have had access to the router, it could be easily resolved by tweaking some settings.
I've no control over your account to process refund. I'm just a tech here. Please contact the customer support for refund. JustAnswer value its customers than anything.
Have a great day,