Video Game Console Repair Questions? Ask a Technician ASAP
Hi there,followed both procedures,still no luck.
However with regards XXXXX XXXXX rebuild i have followed the two beep step and the message hdmi has been detected i hit yes and the start up procedure follows with no mention of rebuild database.please advise.
1. Turn off PS3
2. Hold The power button down; The system will turn on and turn off once again.
3. Once the System has been shutdown, re-press you finger until you hear 2 consecutive beeps
4. When you hear the 2 beeps take finger off power button.
5. You will be promted to plug in your controller via usb and then hit the PS button
6. The Recovery menu will pop up.
Did that work ?
Sorry i have tried this 6 times now and it still asks me for yes and no for hdmi detected and then continues through config.
Hi there,i have got it to do a rebuld,didn't take very long,still wont play any games.?
I have done a full reset,still no games will load but DVD's are fine and Blue ray.? i take its a hardware issue.?
Yes Dave. I'm sorry, but it seems like a hardware issue. You will have to send it back to Sony to get it fixed, but it will cost almost a price of new console to get it fixed. I believe it will cost upto $200 to replace the drive.Here is the number for UK PS3 Support : 0844(NNN) NNN-NNNNbr/>I'm sorry that I couldn't solve your problem, but this is something we can't fix online.Best Regards,Ashik