Game Systems

Video Game Console Repair Questions? Ask a Technician ASAP

Game Systems

My Xbox power cycles itself, shows a controller is connected

when their isn't and will...
My Xbox power cycles itself, shows a controller is connected when their isn't and will not stay off unless I disconnect power. Help!!!
10/16/2012
Game_GURU
Game_GURU, Engineer
Hi there and thank you for using JA. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I'd be happy to assist you.

Does your Xbox continually power cycle itself or does it do after a little while of game play?

Thank you,

It continually power cycles itself. It started a couple of days ago. It's never happened during game play. Now I can't even get to game play because of the controller issue.

The most common issue of this is hard drive related. Please refer to this link to verify your HD is properly installed. Perhaps it dislodged and it's worth reseating. Otherwise, you will need to set up a repair with Microsoft. Click here for the link.

I know this is not the answer you would have hoped for, but please do not shoot the messenger. Seriously, take a look at the hard drive though, it's very common on these postings.

If there is anything further I can do to assist please let me know. Please leave positive feedback and bonuses are also greatly appreciated. Thank you again for using JA and have a great day. Michael, CT USA

p.s. It may seem elementary, but make sure no buttons are stuck on the controller or the console itself. I've seen that happen too.

Game_GURU
Game_GURU, Engineer
Game_GURU
Game_GURU
Game_GURU, Engineer