French Law

Have French law questions? Ask a French lawyer now.

I have an apartment in Nice, I am leaving in ten days to go…

Customer Question
I have an apartment...

I have an apartment in Nice, I am leaving in ten days to go there and sell my apartment. It is both in my husband's and my name, however my husband cannot travel with me due to serious illness, can you help me get a legal power of attorney to take to the notary there, he can sign any document necessary, thanks alice Minassian

Lawyer's Assistant: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.

I'm in Los angeles California

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps have you taken so far?

Last year I had a lady translator who got a document signed by him and then she took it to the LA French Consulate, however when I took it to the Notary in Nice she didn't accept it saying that it should be a special form which the consulate provides. It is very hard to get in touch with them.

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

If the lawyer has the necessary document it will be very simple. How much will be the charge for this transaction.

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: French Law
Answered in 1 minute by:
3/23/2018
Barrister: DrOlivia-JD-MD,
 replied 3 months ago
DrOlivia-JD-MD

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. My name is ***** ***** I'm an attorney. Please note this site is general information for educational purposes only and doesn’t constitute not legal advice. You might be offered a phone call, but you are under no obligation to accept; the phone call requests don’t come from me - they’re offered by the website - but if you do want a phone call I’d be happy to do that as well. I'll be happy to help you in any way I can.
.
Give me just a moment to review what you've written.

I think I have reached you by mistake, I was trying to talk to a French lawyer, someone who would have the forms available for Power of attorney, please cancel my request and credit cart which I applied to get to talk to a French attorney.
If you don't have a French lawyer familiar with the French law system please cancel my request and card