French Law

Have French law questions? Ask a French lawyer now.

I have a spanish visa (non working ) and am living in france…

Customer Question
I have a spanish...

I have a spanish visa (non working ) and am living in france for longer than allowed. I am afraid to go back to barcelona to get my visa for france because of the trouble in Barcelona. Is there any way around it

Lawyer's Assistant: What is your official status? Do you have any pending applications or petitions with USCIS?

I am an american citizen with my second resident visa in spain (just outside barcelona) this is the two year one, and I maintain a residence there

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?

No

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

I'm concerned because I have my kids in school here so they will know how long I've been here

Submitted: 9 months ago.Category: French Law
10/24/2017
Barrister: José M., Attorney replied 9 months ago
José M.
José M., Attorney

Hi, In barcelona nobody is going to make problems because you was too much time in FRance

Try to go out of frnace without they could notice the time you went there at it will be all

If they notice you could be rejected but rarely it relly happens

Try to come back into Barcelona by a way they do not know you went to much time out of there

I think my question is misunderstood. I am not worried about reprucussions in Barcelona, I am worried about reprucussion in France. I am in France right now, with a spanish visa. I understand that I can be here 90 days every six months, but I have my kids in school and after next month (November), then I will be in France for longer than allowed. What will they do? I prefer an answer from a french lawyer. They know that I am (or will be) here longer than 90 days because my kids willl be in school

France never will be put you on trubles when you decide to leave. Even if you do not want to leave and they notice they will you invite you to go. So you are saving them the fact to invite you to go...

So, go and be sure you are not goping to have riskes or problems

You are still not answering my question

Sir, no repercussion on France as you leave it

You can leave without risk

Rarely they put penalties in Europe for overstaying visas

you are saying that having a visa in spain allows me to stay in France as long as I wish and enroll my children in school here? Are ou certain you are qualified to answer this question?

In no case. You should not be in France but they will be happy when you left the country

I am an spanish atorney Sir.

I have asked several times for a french attorney why do you keep answering?

I go out this question

have a good day