French Law

Have French law questions? Ask a French lawyer now.

Im hoping you might be able to help with my question. I saw…

Customer Question
Hello there, Im hoping...

Hello there, Im hoping you might be able to help with my question. I saw a vintage record player fin a shop in Paris and over August messaged the seller to see if it was still available. I paid 1200 euros as a paypal payment for it. I later saw it was listed at just over 1000 euros on his website. He was supposed to deliver on 3rd September. He finally delivered last Friday aster saying he was ill for over a week (his son delivered it) with a broken needle and not working. H wis now ignoring my calls and texts. I would like to return as per the right of withdrawal on his website terms and conditions - he is an autoentrepreneur. This wa s a special gift for my husbands 40th and the whole thing has become really upsetting - I'm also pregnant and have a small baby and the seller is being really unhelpful. Is there anything I can do? Its become such a horrible situation - I already asked for a refund and he said no.

Lawyer's Assistant: What state is this in? And just to clarify, when was the purchase made?

So I saw the item quickly in the shop more than 3 months ago but we just quickly saw it and didn't decide to buy it. I contacted him in August and said I was interested and made the paypal payment online to his bank account. His son delivered the item on Friday 15th September - it was dirty and not in great condition and with a broken needle so the record player doesn't play.

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

No

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

I don't think so...

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: French Law
Answered in 1 hour by:
9/18/2017
Barrister: José M., Attorney replied 11 months ago
José M.
José M., Attorney

Hi there

You could follow two ways to claim.

Once is to contract a local atorney in paris to demand him but it could be to much expensive

The othet one it to send a claim to Paypal opening a dispute. My experience with Paypal is very good they will take your money and do noy pay the seller until clarify the case

Open the dispute at paypal asap and demand the seller to pick it back

José M spanish atorney