TKenney, Ph.D.
TKenney, Ph.D., French Attorney (Avocat à la Cour)
Experience:  Practicing law in France, 10+ years of experience on Paris Bar. Taught French Business Law in US
52682299

Trying to obtain decree absolute as never received one, Uk,

Customer Question

Trying to obtain decree absolute as never received one
JA: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: Uk
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: We don't know anything. All we know is she divorced him under abandonment and remarried. No papers ever arrived.
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: I don't think so. I don't speak one word of French
Category: French Law
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  EULawyer replied 3 months ago.

Welcome to JustAnswer!
As your European Law expert, I am reviewing your question and will try to find a good answer for you.

Expert:  EULawyer replied 3 months ago.

Dear Customer,

Thank you for your question. I think it came through with some missing text. Let me know if I got this straight, and I will return with further information:

Someone (what is the relationship ? - this did not come through) was divorced by a woman in France, but never received any papers, and the woman later remarried.

You would like to obtain the divorce decree. Note that in France there is only one paper, the divorce judgment, which is directly final (it is not in two steps like in Britain).

Please also note that only the parties, while alive, may request to receive this paper, therefore if we move forward you will have to have the agreement of the person who was divorced.

Looking forward to hearing from you,

Dr I L Vlad