How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask EULawyer Your Own Question
EULawyer, Lawyer
Category: French Law
Satisfied Customers: 269
Experience:  Titular Attorney (Avocat) at Ioan-Luca Vlad Law Office
Type Your French Law Question Here...
EULawyer is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My friends need to find a lawyer to notorize a form. Do you

Customer Question

Hello. My friends need to find a lawyer to notorize a form. Do you know where we can did it?
JA: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: District? In Paris?
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: Yes we need to filed this in NYC
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: Ps : je parle français.
Submitted: 4 months ago.
Category: French Law
Expert:  EULawyer replied 4 months ago.

Dear Customer,

Thank you for your question. I am sorry for the delay in answering, which is due to the fact that I am one of the few EU law experts here, and I do have a main job.

To answer your question, the equivalent of "notarization" in French law is "attestation de signature" and this can only be done, in France, by a Notary Public, not a lawyer. You can find an English list of notaries in Paris here:

Note that once they do the formality, you need to apply the Apostille on the document, something that they can help with.

Alternatively, and without needing to go through any other formality, you can use the services of the US Embassy - Consular Section. Details here (

I hope my answer was useful and look forward to your rating, which is essential to my activity.


Dr I L Vlad