EULawyer
EULawyer, Lawyer
Experience:  Titular Attorney (Avocat) at Ioan-Luca Vlad Law Office
84559455

My friends need to find a lawyer to notorize a form. Do you

Customer Question

Hello. My friends need to find a lawyer to notorize a form. Do you know where we can did it?
JA: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: District? In Paris?
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: Yes we need to filed this in NYC
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: Ps : je parle français.
Category: French Law
Expert:  EULawyer replied 4 months ago.

Dear Customer,

Thank you for your question. I am sorry for the delay in answering, which is due to the fact that I am one of the few EU law experts here, and I do have a main job.

To answer your question, the equivalent of "notarization" in French law is "attestation de signature" and this can only be done, in France, by a Notary Public, not a lawyer. You can find an English list of notaries in Paris here: http://notaries-europe.com/france/paris/

Note that once they do the formality, you need to apply the Apostille on the document, something that they can help with.

Alternatively, and without needing to go through any other formality, you can use the services of the US Embassy - Consular Section. Details here (https://fr.usembassy.gov/u-s-citizen-services/notarial-services-all-nationalities/documents-we-notarize/).

I hope my answer was useful and look forward to your rating, which is essential to my activity.

Cordially,

Dr I L Vlad