How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask EULawyer Your Own Question
EULawyer, Lawyer
Category: French Law
Satisfied Customers: 247
Experience:  Titular Attorney (Avocat) at Ioan-Luca Vlad Law Office
Type Your French Law Question Here...
EULawyer is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have received a letter, rather late that I am supposed to

Customer Question

Hi I have received a letter, rather late that I am supposed to appear in court in Lisieux on december 15 for non payment of maintenance.
JA: Since laws vary from place to place, what state is this in?
Customer: I need a lawyer to go in my place and I live in the Philippines and cannot travel to France. this is Lisieux Normandy
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?
Customer: No. I was trying to get hold of the lawyer who represented me at my divorce, but I believe he is no longer practicing
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: No
Submitted: 7 months ago.
Category: French Law
Expert:  EULawyer replied 7 months ago.

Welcome to JustAnswer!
As your European Law expert, I am reviewing your question and will try to find a good answer for you.

Expert:  EULawyer replied 7 months ago.

Dear Customer,

Thank you for your question. The best way to find an attorney for the region you desire is by checking this list ( Search for some that do 'family law'. Unfortunately, even though I am qualified for France, I do not work there at present.

I hope my answer was useful and look forward to your rating, which is essential to my activity.


Dr I L Vlad