How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask TKenney, Ph.D. Your Own Question
TKenney, Ph.D.
TKenney, Ph.D., French Attorney (Avocat à la Cour)
Category: French Law
Satisfied Customers: 791
Experience:  Practicing law in France, 10+ years of experience on Paris Bar. Taught French Business Law in US
Type Your French Law Question Here...
TKenney, Ph.D. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I live in Thailand 9 months of the year, 3 months in France.

Customer Question

I live in Thailand 9 months of the year, 3 months in France. I am a British national. I want to be able to stay for 5 months in the year with my wife who is Thai. Since I am not resident in France I am not sure if we can use the family reunion clause in the legislation
Submitted: 11 months ago.
Category: French Law
Expert:  T Perrin C replied 11 months ago.

Unfortunately, you cannot claim the family reunion clause with applies only to relatives of EU citizens residing in France. Since you are not a resident of France, your wife will need to apply for a long term travel visa. Unless she qualifies for British citizenship...